Maintenance Tips for HVAC
- If your air filter is of the 1" kind, it should be replaced every 3 to 4 months.
- If the air filter is of the thicker 6" type, it needs to be replaced once a year.
- Clock thermostats need to be adjusted twice a year for the annual time changes and the batteries should be replaced.
- Cover the top of the outside air conditioning unit in the fall and winter if you get a lot of leaves and needles.
The following maintenance issues should be performed by a contractor:
- Replace humidifier pad and clean out drain line and open damper, set humidistat for humidifier use in the winter.
- Check all the tubes and hoses to make sure they are in good condition and won't fail during the heating season.
- Listen for squeaking or high-pitched noises coming from the draft induce motor indicating it may need to be replaced.
- On overhead air conditioning systems, blow out the drain lines with CO2 and check to make sure all of the outlets are still connected and didn't come off from the heat of the attic.
- Check the Freon level in the air conditioning system to make sure there is no leak and it is working at top efficiency.
Looking for a reliable HVAC repair service near you? Call us for AC or Heat system emergency or for a free quote at: 908-464-8880. We provide HVAC services to residents of Summit, Chatham, New Providence, Madison, Livingston, Maplewood, Millburn and all surrounding communities.